Barmouth Signal Box is a small 'Type 1' design built by Dutton & Co. for the Cambrian Railways in 1890.
The original lever frame was supplied by Dutton and Co. in about 1890 and had 15 levers. After the Great Western Railway took over the Cambrian Railways in 1923, the track layout at Barmouth was extended and the current frame installed in 1924. It was a standard GWR Vertical Tappet 5-bar locking frame, with 27 levers, now made redundant by the introduction of radio signalling and automatic crossing barriers on this line.
Because it obscured the view of the level crossing approaches, the signal box has been dismantled and re-erected on a new site at the west end of Glyndyfrdwy station on the Llangollen Railway, where it is in use to present day.
Unpainted lasercut kit that may exhibit scorch marks due to the manufacturing process.
Cambrian Railways Signal Box
- Brand: Intentio
- Product Code: IMRLK-102
- Availability: In Stock